Remote Learning - Student Protocol
If you are struggling to use Google Classroom please watch the tutorial videos on the website by clicking the link below or via the Learning menu tab.
If you have a subject specific question please ask through the classroom or email your teacher. If you require pastoral support please email your form tutor.
If you need to raise a concern please click the raise a concern link.
If you do not have access to a device or internet at home to do these lessons please ask your parents or guardians to contact your form tutor. If you are feeling ill and can’t do your work on the day then just let your teachers know.
The Hand in button on Google Classroom must always be clicked once work has been completed
Evidence that work has been completed should be uploaded to your teacher
Complete the lesson work on the day it is set
Respond to feedback given by the teacher
Some of your lessons may have a live component if you are a Key Stage 4 or 5 student.
Your teacher will let you know when a lesson is going to be live.
You should check the live lesson information carefully so you access the live lesson at the correct time.
Pupils are expected to attend all live lessons. If you are unwell or a problem occurs which means you are not able to attend, you MUST let your teacher know in advance.
Some live lessons will be delivered through Google Meet and others through Google Stream.
For Google Meet lessons you should use the link displayed on your Google Classroom, as shown below.
For Google Stream lessons you will be sent an email invite, this can be synced to your calendar to give you reminders and it will be linked in your Google classroom stream. Your teacher may also link this in the associated assignment.
You MUST follow the guidance below when taking part in a live streamed lesson:
- Choose a part of your house with a good WiFi signal that is free from distractions.
- By logging into a live lesson you understand that the lesson will be recorded by the teacher for safeguarding purposes. Only a teacher will record the presentation.
- You must always join a live lesson with your camera and microphone off.
- There may be some parts in a lesson where the teacher may ask you to unmute yourself.
- Follow any instructions from the teacher. Staff are following strict protocols from Mr Eccles so it is important you follow these instructions.
- Whilst teachers are presenting, please use the chat facility to ask questions and seek clarification. Please only use this feature for questions. Comments will also be recorded during the lesson.
- Please behave appropriately at all times following the usual guidelines expected of you in a school based lesson.