Angela Callagher - Independent Careers Advisor
Angela Callagher is an independent careers advisor who comes into school once a week to advise students with their career options. Currently Angela is in school each Wednesday during term time.
Angela's background includes:
- Qualified careers adviser – Level 6 Careers Guidance and Development, Career Coaching, IAG Level 4, registered member of CDI (Careers Development Institute).
- 30 years’ experience of working with Lancashire employers across all sectors
- Delivered Employability training for 16 years including; CV workshops, applications, interview skills, self-esteem and awareness.
- Worked in Human Resources, Recruitment and Education for Public and Private sector.
- Worked with schools, colleges and government organisations to prepare and support people into work.
In school Angela provides:
- A one to one interview to discuss transition from school to their next steps.
- Impartial information on the various options such as apprenticeships, A’ levels and vocational paths.
- Discussion of Labour Market Information (LMI) on the opportunities available locally.
- Discussion of what employers are looking for from young people entering the work place.
- Person centred advice on the choices available.
- Ensure all options are explored and decisions are well informed.
- When appropriate help young people to be aware of their potential and overcome barriers to achieving success
- Advice and guidance to all so they feel empowered to make decisions or know where to get the relevant information.
- Signpost young people to further research their decisions.
- If relevant create actions for them to undertake
- Delivering assemblies and facilitate group work to enhance young people on the range of careers available to them.