Recently St Mary's students were awarded for their outstanding effort in science by being asked to attend the Blackpool Physical Science Awards ceremony held by the Ogden Trust. They all walked away with glistening awards in the following categories:
- Hannah Villarino - KS3 Chemist of the year
- Daniel Jones - KS3 Physicist of the year
- Dominic Walker - Special prize for Year 10 Physicist of the year
- Madison Ruocco - KS4 Chemist of the year
- Toby Chick - KS4 Physicist of the year
- Natasha Sierdzaki - KS5 Chemist of the year - Year 12
- Matthew Jones - KS5 Chemist of the year - Year 13
- Toby Ashton - KS5 Physicist of the year - Year 12
- Alice Townsend - KS5 Physicist of the year - year 13
In addition to this, two of our STEM club members won awards for their fantastic entries to the Life in Space competition. Competing against local schools; Zerlinda De Vega - Year 8 and Yzabelle Demegillo - Year 7, both won trophies for their space menus.
Well done to all!