Is this course for me?
The Cambridge Technical is a hands-on practical course accepted by Russell Group Universities: an ideal choice for budding entrepreneurs and aspiring business students. You will be introduced to the real world business environment and will compare the UK to other economies around the globe. The Extended Certificate is a two year course equivalent to one A level qualification. The AS equivalent will be awarded on
the completion of the first year of the course. Assessment is 60% coursework and 20% examination assessed throughout the year.
Areas of study
- Business Environment - An exam. You will develop an understanding of how and why businesses operate in the way they do.
- Working in Business— skills and understanding needed to work effectively within a business environment. This includes arranging meetings, working with business documents, making payments, prioritising business activities and communicating with stakeholders.
- Customers and communication— you will learn the purpose, methods and importance of communication in business and the appropriateness of different forms of communication for different situations.
Areas of study in year two are:
- Accounting concepts— an introduction to the foundations of business accounting. The unit will allow you to gain essential skills in, and knowledge of, the purposes of accounting, and the accounting procedures used to produce final accounts.
- Business Events—The ability to organise an event is an important skill needed by people working in business. This practical unit will help you develop the skills required to plan and make preparations for business events support the running of events and review the extent to which events have been successful.
Progression into Higher Education and /or into employment such as Apprenticeships. In previous years students have been successful with BAE, Civil Service, Siemens & KPMG. Accountant, Advertising accountant, Chartered management accountant,
Company Secretary, Commodity / Futures Broker, Corporate investment banker, Management consultant, Marketing, Risk manager, Retail manager, systems analyst, Sales
executive, Stockbroker, Systems