The Prefect Selection Process is now beginning for this year's Year 9 & 10 students. A Prefect is a student in KS4 who holds a position of leadership in the school and who is committed to making a difference within the life of a school.
Lead Prefects lead a house team and contribute, in various ways, to the running of the life of the school. These positions are highly sought-after as they demonstrate to future employers, Sixth Form College and Universities that you can be trusted with responsibility and are able to deliver when working on a project. Students apply for the Lead position in Year 10 and serve a ‘Prefect Term’ of Easter of Year 10 until Easter of Year 11.
Current Applications - Lead Prefect Roles (current Yr10 Boy & Girl from each learning house). will be appointed initially, followed by the other Prefect roles (yr9). Interested students should read the Prefect Selection Process information pack (see website) and are encouraged to complete the application form, reading the instructions carefully.
To qualify to apply to become the Lead Prefect for your house, you will currently be in year 10 and either:
- have demonstrated strong leadership potential and the willingness to take responsibility
- believe that you have this potential to be a leader and show a willingness to take responsibility
In addition to the above, you will be committed to:
- Attend one meeting per half term out of school hours (before/after school)
- Support the school during and beyond the normal school hours*
- Present in assemblies/attend house/ whole school events